- Place a small heavy saucepan on medium-low heat, and add the teff.
- Toast it, stirring frequently to make sure it doesn't burn. After about 5 to 10 minutes, the grains will make little crackling sounds as they start to pop.
- Add the water, butter, cinnamon, half of the dates and stir well.
- Bring to a gentle boil, cover, and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes. If the porridge becomes too thick, you can add a little water.
- Once the porridge is thickened to your liking and the grains are soft (about 15 to 20 minutes), remove from heat. Stir in the cream or milk, ladle into bowls and top with chopped apple, pecans, and remaining chopped dates.
- Sweeten with honey or maple syrup if you wish, though the dates already lend a sweetness.
- Dust with a little cinnamon and serve.
A Diverse Little Grain -Famous for its use in Ethiopian Cuisine, Teff is used in all kinds of recipes from the Ethopian Flatbread Injera to Polenta.
Some folks replace 1/3 of wheat flour with ground Teff to switch up their favorite recipes with a new flavor.
About the product
- The Smallest Grain of the World; Commonly known as an ancient grain from Africa
- USDA Organic Certified, Non-GMO, & Gluten-Free
- Use it in your favorite sweet or savory dishes.
- Teff can be used to make a variety of recipes such as porridges, breads, waffles, and many more.
- Product of Paraguay
Rawseed Organic Brown Whole Grain Teff is the smallest grain in the world. Teff is an ancient grain from Africa. Use it for pilafs, porridge, stews, vegan burgers, and additions to breads and other baked goods. When ground into a flour, Teff is often used to make the traditional Ethiopian bread injera.
Whole Grain Teff
Bring two cups of water or stock to boil. Add 1/2 cup of Teff; cover, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally for 15-20 minutes or till liquid is absorbed.
Manufacturer : American Organic
Rawseed Organic Brown Whole Grain African Teff 2 Lbs 3 Pack Gluten Free
- Brand: American Organic
- Product Code: 3 Pack
- Availability: In Stock